Millions of health enthusiasts around the world crosscheck everything they eat and drink, along with all of their medicines, for toxic ingredients that can cause a whole host of health problems. This is nothing new. However, if you were to go into their homes, into their bathrooms, and start opening drawers and cabinets, and flipping personal care products over to read the ingredients, you would find the majority of those products contain the very same toxins these folks are doing their very best to avoid consuming.
The irony is that the skin is the largest organ, and it does “consume” the toxins applied to it, and this may be more dangerous than the carcinogens they avoid eating and drinking. Here’s why: When you eat or drink foods and medicines that contain toxins, those toxins are often found in minuscule amounts, otherwise you’d get sick right away and know what’s happening. However, the products we put on our hair, nails, face, arms, legs, feet and even private parts are completely unregulated, because neither the FDA, the CDC, the EPA, the USDA, nor any other agency inspects or has limits for personal care products. Plus, when it comes to lotions, shampoos, conditioners, deodorants, antiperspirants, powders, cosmetics and so forth, people simply “cake” them on, coating large surface areas with unlimited toxins that find their way into the bloodstream, the digestive tract and even the lungs and cleansing organs.
Yes, it’s overwhelming. It’s overwhelming to the brain to think of all of this. It’s overwhelming to your cleansing organs too. It’s overwhelming to the natural detoxification process that the body wants to engage, but can’t, because it’s coated with these toxins. It’s like wondering why you can’t breathe properly while you’ve got a blanket over your head all day. Hey, quit sweeping all the “dust” under the rug and then wondering why you’re having allergy attacks. Your skin is your largest organ. It needs to sweat properly. It needs sunlight to create vitamin D. It needs to breathe! Remember, if most of the ingredients in a personal care product aren’t edible, then it shouldn’t be coating your body.
Here are the six most popular toxins Americans coat their bodies with, and then wonder why they’re suffering from inflammation, rashes, skin allergies and cancer:
1. Petroleum is an industrial chemical (a liquid mixture of hydrocarbons) commonly found in Vaseline, baby oils, baby lotions, suntan lotions and sunblock lotions, and is toxic to the human body – locking in toxins, preventing perspiration, and leading to inflammation, chronic itching and cancer.
2. Talc is toxic and is commonly found in baby powders, popular body powders and foot powders.
3. Lead, a neurotoxin, is commonly found in lipstick.
4. Parabens are chemicals that penetrate the skin and are common in cosmetics/makeup – they mimic hormones and are endocrine disruptors that cause allergic reactions.
5. Phthalates are found in moisturizers, perfumes, nail polishes, soaps and hairsprays, and can increase the risk of diabetes in women and lower sperm production in men.
6. Aluminum is commonly found in deodorants and antiperspirants, and is known to cause cancer tumors in the breasts in the quadrant closest to the armpit (not a coincidence).
Start protecting the ‘walls’ of your ‘temple’
There are over 70,000 chemicals approved by the FDA for consumption. Many of them have toxic effects on the body. When you unknowingly consume poisons by applying them to your body, you feed chronic inflammation, your immune system weakens, and you invite cancer to attack. You don’t need a PhD to figure it out, and you don’t need to be a dermatologist. Go home, look through every single personal care product you own, and crosscheck it for chemicals. Then, throw it all out, and buy new organic or truly natural products.
From toxic air fresheners to toxic candles, people fill their homes with poisons on a daily basis and wonder what’s wrong with their health. These toxins accumulate on the body too. People put toxic flea medicines and poisonous medicines on their pets, and wonder why the pet dies after five to seven years from leukemia. People spray Roundup, the most toxic herbicide on the planet, all over their yards and around their gardens, and then it gets on their pets’ paws, on their own hands, and on the food they’ll be eating, and then they wonder how they all get cancer. People coat themselves with toxic bug repellent and can’t seem to figure out how they keep getting skin cancer spots developing. Hmm, don’t you wonder? People lather themselves up all summer with toxic suntan lotions and carcinogenic sunblock lotions, and lock in poisons while blocking out the healing sunshine. Oops.
Stop wondering what’s going wrong and fix it! Your body is the temple of your soul. Protect it.